Gomez Corporate Consult Limited The help that counts
Our business objective is to assist & serve as a corporate guide to SMEs (Businesses & Corporate bodies from a business name to a value of 1million to 50 billion share capital in assets, revenues and book form) and emerging company promoters (proprietors, shareholders/directors & trustees) using our:- Company registration, Intellectual properties registration, Tax advisory & filings, Post-incorporation applications, Specialized registration services model in an affordable and time-bound process.
Worried by the rising insecurity, the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has unveiled a new security measures across Abuja to dismantle criminal networks and address increasing cases of crimes involving dispatch riders.
The measures followed a meeting of the FCT Security Council chaired by Minister Nyesom Wike.
Miller Dantawaye, FCT Commissioner of Police, who briefed journalists after the meeting in Abuja, said that the administration has fully activated the revamped Operation Sweep, a multi-agency security task force created to address security challenges in the nation’s capital.
Dantawaye explained that the operation has been reorganised into four sectors covering Gwagwalada, Bwari and two city-centre corridors stretching from Berger and Wuse to Karu, Mararaba, Karshi and Orozo.
He said the Minister has provided logistics to support joint deployment of personnel from the police, military, DSS, NSCDC, FRSC, Immigration, Correctional Service and other security agencies in the FCT.
The Commissioner said the renewed phase of Operation Sweep is aimed at preventing kidnappings and attacks on schools and worship centres reported in some parts of the country.
He added that security formations in Abuja have increased intelligence gathering and patrols, especially in border communities and other vulnerable areas.
Dantawaye also clarified that two reported security incidents on Tuesday one at Veritas University and another at Government Secondary School, Tunga Maje—were false alarms. In the Tunga Maje case, students mistook farmers for kidnappers.
He said security operatives arrived at both locations within minutes and have since engaged the school authorities to reassure them.
He urged residents to remain calm, adding that security will be strengthened around all worship centres for Friday and Sunday services.
Dantawaye called on residents to provide credible intelligence, noting that efforts are focused on tackling One Chancerobbery gangs. “So far, four syndicates of One Chance have been arrested,” he said.
He also expressed concern about the growing involvement of some dispatch riders in phone theft and similar crimes.
He said several suspects are already in custody, and investigations are ongoing to identify receivers and groups involved in handling stolen devices. “We are deploying technical intelligence to address these crimes,” he said.
He added that security agencies will support approved demolitions of illegal shanties, noting that such structures often serve as hideouts for criminals. According to him, the Minister has directed that no unauthorized shanty should remain once clearance is approved.
The Commissioner cautioned residents against spreading unverified kidnap reports, saying such information causes panic.
He assured Abuja residents that security agencies remain committed to keeping the capital safe.
Dantawaye also noted progress in the fight against One Chance robbery, confirming that four syndicates have been arrested.
“We have observed that some dispatch riders engage in crime. When you search them, you find phones they cannot unlock. Some suspects are already in custody,” he said.
He added that technical intelligence and targeted investigations are underway to dismantle networks involved in phone theft.
On demolitions, he said: “The FCT Minister has directed that shanties be removed. We will support every action backed by law. There is no such thing as a legal shanty.”
Appealing again for caution, he said: “When you hear anything about kidnapping, please verify before creating confusion.”
Dantawaye assured residents: “We are paid with your money to secure you, and we will not relent.”
Leave A Comment