Gomez Corporate Consult Limited The help that counts
Our business objective is to assist & serve as a corporate guide to SMEs (Businesses & Corporate bodies from a business name to a value of 1million to 50 billion share capital in assets, revenues and book form) and emerging company promoters (proprietors, shareholders/directors & trustees) using our:- Company registration, Intellectual properties registration, Tax advisory & filings, Post-incorporation applications, Specialized registration services model in an affordable and time-bound process.
Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, Minister of Interior, on Thursday said the Federal Government is fully committed to confronting Nigeria’s lingering security challenges, assuring that President Bola Tinubu has mandated all agencies under the ministry to raise their operational standards.
Tunji-Ojo gave the assurance during an unscheduled visit to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and the Federal Fire Service (FFS) station in Wuse Zone 3, Abuja.
The visit formed part of the ministry’s on-the-spot assessment of paramilitary formations nationwide.
Speaking during the inspection, the minister said Tinubu had issued a “marching order” to ensure that the NSCDC, Federal Fire Service, Nigeria Immigration Service and other agencies under the ministry operate at full capacity to strengthen internal security.
“The president is putting all hands on deck to make sure that we have a safe Nigeria. Security is a work in progress, and we are doing a lot. The NSCDC has a major role to play in this effort”, Tunji-Ojo said.
While inspecting the NSCDC FCT Command’s ongoing training ground construction, the minister emphasised the importance of continuous training and capacity development for paramilitary personnel.
“Paramilitary service is about constant and effective training. I am impressed with the training centre being built here. You can only give what you have, and this shows they are forward-thinking and preparing for the future”, he said.
He added that the NSCDC and other sister agencies were taking proactive steps to improve operational readiness, especially in the fight against insecurity.
“We must keep training, retraining and investing in these officers so they can continue to give their best to Nigeria,” he stated.
Tunji-Ojo maintained that the Tinubu administration will continue to provide maximum support to all paramilitary services, noting that the president had already demonstrated a strong commitment to strengthening internal security.
“The president has given us all the support. As minister, it is my duty to ensure these agencies get everything they need to perform optimally”, he said.
He also urged officers to carry out their duties with professionalism and respect for human rights.
“Security is life. Nigerians rely on you, and Mr President is trusting you to deliver on internal security and the protection of critical national assets,” he told the personnel.
However, the visit also revealed lapses at the Federal Fire Service Wuse station, which the minister described as unacceptable for an emergency response agency.
“I have expressed my views on things I am not comfortable with. The fire service is a rescue agency and must be prepared for emergencies at all times. Some issues observed here must never happen again”, he said.
He said the concerns would be taken up directly with the Controller General of the FFS to ensure immediate corrective action.
Tunji-Ojo disclosed that similar unscheduled inspections would continue across the country to obtain an unfiltered view of the service delivery Nigerians receive from paramilitary agencies.
“A good service is not good enough for Nigerians; only the best is acceptable,” he said.
Leave A Comment